MAPLE TOFFEE COOKIE SANDWICHES
3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup toffee bits
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup white or dark chocolate chips
- 1 tub Real Layers Maple Frosting
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, combine shortening and brown sugar, beating well.
2. Add egg, vanilla and milk, beating for 2 minutes on high.
3. Add in flour, baking soda and salt in increments, blending until mixed into a thick dough. Blend in toffee bits and coconut. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly using the palm of your hand.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden.
6. Let cookies cool for at least 10 minutes, then spread frosting over one cookie. Top with another cookie, making a sandwich.
Makes approximately 20 cookies, and 10 cookie sandwiches.